Ladysmith features all of the friendliness, closeness and charm of small town living but with a full range of services and amenities. Our community of about 8,300 people is located just an hour north of Victoria and 20 minutes south of Nanaimo on the east side of Vancouver Island.
It is only 10 minutes from Nanaimo Airport with direct flights to Vancouver, Calgary and other destinations and we’re only 12 minutes from the Duke Point ferry terminal.
- World-class outdoor recreational opportunities
- We have a 9 hole par 3 golf course that has interesting holes but not overly challenging
- Public transit throughout the community as well as to Chemainus, Duncan and points south
- The Holland Creek Trail system through picturesque forests and along the waterfront
- Lots of shopping and dining in the historic downtown area as well as at Coronation Mall.
- Fun-filled waterfront activities at popular Transfer Beach! Ladysmith is also known to have the warmest water north of San Francisco!
- Ladysmith is known for it’s community spirit and great volunteerism
- Annual celebrations, such as the Festival of Lights beginning on the last Thursday of November or Ladysmith Days during the B.C. Day long weekend in August. There is also the annual Show n Shine in mid-August, the Arts On The Avenue at the end of August and Loggers Sports in September.
The Town also boasts a waterfront art gallery as well as a unique maritime museum with the Ladysmith Maritime Society.
- The Frank Jameson Community Centre and Pool, which features therapy pool, whirl pool, sauna, fully equipped gym, offers many programs for all ages as well as the Ladysmith Resources Centre and Seniors Centre has daily programs for seniors. The Boy’s and Girls Club is housed right next door and across the street is the community gardens.
Affordable living at last!… in an amazing welcoming waterfront town.
For a complete package and more information please contact Duck Paterson, from LMF Developments, at 250-246-0637 or fill out our online form.